Monday, April 6, 2009

Purse shopping

Being the mother of two daughters, I have fashion advice at my fingertips when we are shopping together. Sometimes they act as the fashion police saying things like "Mom, step away from the embroidery." I usually listen to them because they know when something is "super-cute." But sometimes I don't take their advice. This was our purse shopping conversation.

Me: "I found a purse I like, it comes in yellow and green."

Oldest one: "I like the green."

Younger one: " I like the yellow."

(Older one at this point holds up a purse that looks similar to this:)

Me: "I don't like that, it looks like a little old grandma's purse. "

(daughters look at the purse, look back at me and say almost together)

Daughters: "But Mom, you are a grandma!"

I came home with the green purse!!

5 comments:

House Queen said...

I am sure I would like the green or the yellow purse because I love bright colors and I am OBSESSED with purses! However..that patchwork one in the picture looks very cute too...even for a "hip grandma" like yourself!

parker's granny said...

Like my girls you are too young to remember it, but back in the day that was a popular upholstery pattern for furniture!

House Queen said...

My mom don't like stuff like that much either. She says it looks like something made out of old rags!

Miz Patti said...

I have to agree with you Delilah that purse looks like something for an OLD granny, not for way cool grannies like us! : )

Joyce said...

Sounds like you have the same trouble I have when shopping with my two girls. They never like the things I try to pick out. So when I find something I really like I will go back and buy it without them being with me.That way I don't have to hear MOM you surely are not going to buy that.
I belive we have several things in common.