We picked up Misty and her boys and off we went in search, binoculars and camera ready. We certainly enjoyed the views searching back roads for the elk, but he did not make an appearance so we started back to Misty's, when we spotted our fellow hunters Miss Veda and Lola. We stopped and discussed where we had each been and decided to give up because it was almost dark.
The "elkpediton" was going to be over for the night and we had all left the truck and were playing with the puppies at Misty's when Veda came back!
She found the elk on her way home! We all jumped into the truck and headed for the place it was last spotted. When we were near, Keyton and Garrison popped open their windows and began making what we thought might be elk noises in hopes of calling him to us! Just ahead we spied Veda's tail lights. She had slowed and we thought she might have him in her sights!
Sure enough, there in an open grassy field was the giant! He was munching away on the grass and when we stopped on the side of the road, the three boys in the truck made some more noise to get his attention. He looked right at us and I snapped this photo.
I know, if National Geographic calls it's Misty that is going to be the photographer. But can you see him? All I got was the reflection of the flash in his eyes. I had to work on the exposure just to get that showing. It was almost dark, we were too far away, I didn't have my good camera!I'm going back in the daylight, with a good camera and I will get the shot, but I will need to learn how to make elk noises to get him to look at me like he did last night! It's a good thing I have witnesses or you might not believe my photo.
Stay tuned--more elk hunting in the future!




1 comment:
Good picture or bad picture...it was the most fun we had been a part of in a long time! The boys LOVED it and are still talking about it! They really were good at those "Elk Calls!" They were very proud of themselves! I cannot wait for Elkpedition Part 2!!!!
Post a Comment