Still in my coat and hat, I sank onto the stair to read the letter. ( I never read without making sure I am in a secure position. I have been like this ever since the age of seven when, sitting on a high wall and reading The Water Babies, I was so seduced by the descriptions of underwater life that I unconsciously relaxed my muscles. Instead of being held buoyant by the water that so vividly surrounded me in my mind, I plummeted to the ground and knocked myself out. I can still feel the scar under my fringe now. Reading can be dangerous.)
This is a paragraph from the second page of The Thirteenth Tale, a book I just finished. It was passed on to me from my daughter and to her from her friend Rachel, both love to read almost as much as I do! I had picked this book up and looked at it, read the jacket and decided I would not care for it. Now remember, you should never judge a book by its cover!
The Thirteenth Tale will suck you into the story, take you on a journey full of twists and turns and end in a way that you never suspected. That's all I'm going to say. Find a copy for yourself!
The Thirtenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment