Let me begin with a disclaimer: This is not a sermon or a lecture or directed toward anyone in particular—especially not my friends who blog with me—it’s just my opinions and nothing more!
I like to shop—thoroughly enjoy it, but I like to shop in peace. Lately my shopping has been interrupted by cell phone conversations. Loud ones! I have heard people make appointments; chat with their friends and one lady seemed to be making a real estate deal in the dressing room! I don’t want to know these things! Yesterday I stopped at the Dollar General to buy a card for my grandson’s second birthday. I like to read the cards and put some thought into my choice—so I started to the card rack. Passing around a little grandmotherly looking lady who was looking at the Thanksgiving cards I made my way to the end of the rack. (Yes, I know I am a grandmother, too, but I am hoping you can’t tell by looking!) Suddenly I heard a shrill, sharp ringing that for just a second made me think the fire alarm was sounding. No, it was the little grandmother’s cell phone. Now, I know that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but I would have thought this little lady did not own a cell phone, much less be proficient at operating it. But she did and she had a really annoying ring tone. She proceeded to answer and have a loud conversation with her friend about what they had been doing, how they were feeling and if they were still taking pain medication. I’m just over on the other side of the rack trying to find a card with a big two and nice picture for Parker’s birthday, I don’t want to know all this other stuff, I have a life too but I don’t share it with everyone who happens to be shopping in the Dollar Store when my phone rings! So if you ever see me wandering around a store jabbering into my cell phone for all to hear, you have my permission to remind me to say these words, “I’ll call you back.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment