Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Firefly Lane

This is my latest read, just finished last night. I know you are thinking all she does is read! That is not exactly true, its just that I have had so much practice that I'm a really fast reader. I chose this book because I had read some of Kristin Hannah's other novels, but I was just a little disappointed in this one. It's a long book (496 pages in hardback) it's the story of a friendship that spans three decades. Maybe I was comparing a friendship I have had for more than three decades to this one, but I found it very predictable. I like for a novel to have some unexpected twists and turns. The main characters of this story, Tully and Kate seem to spend a lot of time being mad at each other which I thought was a little childish! Part of the setting of this book is the 70's which I enjoyed because I remembered many of the song references and current events in story. If you are not familiar with Abba and the song "Dancing Queen" you may wonder about the title for the first part!

1 comment:

Miz Patti said...

You remember things from the 70's??? Just how old are you? lol